Le apple heart cake is a cake composed of a shortcrust pastry enclosing a filling made from apples, sugar, cinnamon and lemon.
Easy to make, this cake is ideal for snacks of the day.
|Level of difficulty: easy|
|Preparation time : 30 min|
|Rest time : 1 10 h min|
|Cooking time : 50 min|
|Total time : 2 30 h min|
|Ingredients: 6 people|
|300 g flour|
|150 g sweet butter|
|1 medium sized egg|
|2 small egg yolks|
|125 g de sucre cristallisé|
|1 c. to c. of baking powder|
|1 grated lemon rind|
|1 pinch of salt|
|3 c. to s. sugar|
|1 c. to c. cinnamon powder|
|1/2 lemon juice|
Preparation of the broken dough:
- Mix the softened butter with the sugar, flavorings and a pinch of salt until you obtain a creamy, light and soft mixture:
- Incorporate the eggs one at a time, stirring constantly until obtaining a smooth, fluffy and lump-free paste.
- Add the previously mixed flour to the sieved yeast at one time and mix with a spatula or by hand.
- Transfer to a lightly floured work surface and lightly work the dough to form a ball.
- Refrigerate for at least 40 min to firm the dough.
Preparation of applesauce:
- Cut the apples into small pieces and put in a saucepan.
- Add cinnamon, sugar, grated lemon rind and lemon juice. Mix.
- Cook slowly over medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes, crushing the apples from time to time until you obtain a soft apple sauce.
- Drain the apples to obtain a dry compote and collect the juice.
Assembly and cooking:
- Divide the dough into two parts, one larger (2 / 3) and one smaller (1 / 3).
- Lower the widest part to the rolling pin to a thickness of 5 mm.
- Place in a lined mold, buttered and lightly floured.
- Prick the bottom with a fork.
- Add the cold and dry to the apples.
- Spread the second piece of pastry on a thickness of 5 mm.
- Place on the top.
- Cover the trim and seal the edges.
- Bread with a fork on the top to form lozenges.
- Brush the surface with the apple juice set aside and sprinkle with sugar.
- Refrigerate about 30 min.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- Bake during 20 min.
- Lower the temperature to 160 ° C and continue cooking again 30 min.
- Halfway through baking canned apple juice and sprinkle with sugar.
- Take out and let cool for 3 to 4 hours
- Serve and enjoy.
Quote about cooking:
“You have to put your whole heart into the kitchen.”Rosa lewis