The gnocchi (from Italian dumpling meaning dumpling) is pasta prepared with a mixture of wheat flour, potatoes and eggs.
In the XNUMXth century, Laurent de Médicis was already praising gnocchi. The term would come from the Venetian gnoco, designating a node in a fabric, attested from 1339, itself derived from Nocchio or "wood knot". The gnocchi of tantifla (potato in Occitan) is a specialty of Nice.
After being poached for a few minutes in boiling water, gnocchi are small bites with a soft consistency and a delicate taste.
|Level of difficulty: easy|
|Preparation time : 15 min|
|Rest time : 30 min|
|Cooking time : 35 min|
|Total time : 1 min 20h|
|Ingredients: 6 people|
|500 g potatoes (preferably floury)|
|150 g flour|
|2 tbsp. to s. beaten egg (about 1/2 egg)|
- Place the potatoes with the skin on in a saucepan of cold salted water.
- Cook for about 30 min until the fork digs easily into the flesh.
- Take out and drain the potatoes. Remove the skin that should come off easily.
- Put the peeled apples immediately in a grinder.
- If mashed potatoes are wet, dab with paper towels.
- Once the puree is obtained, let cool 2 to 3 min in a large bowl.
- Once warm mashed, add half a beaten egg and flour in the center.
- Mix very quickly just to assemble the different ingredients and fOrmer a compact ball.
- Sprinkle the work surface with a pinch of flour.
- Cut a piece of dough. Roll out the dough and make a sausage the thickness of your thumb.
- Slice all 2 cm so that small cylinders are obtained. Leave the balls in a square shape or roll into balls.
- Take a lightly floured fork and slide the meatball inside, pressing lightly with the index finger.
- Once your back is scratched, let it slide gently.
- Continue until the dough is completely used.
- Let stand at room temperature for 20 at 30 min.
- Prepare a large saucepan filled with water. Add coarse salt.
- To heat.
- Immerse the meatballs. Do not turn during cooking. The gnocchis are ready when they come to the surface.
- Drain with a perforated spoon.
- Brown in a skillet over high heat for a few minutes, adding a sauce or simply butter and parmesan.
- Servir chaud.
Quote about cooking:
“We only do well what we love. Neither science nor conscience shapes a great cook. "Colette