A waffle is a preparation based on light dough baked between two metal plates, decorated with patterns that are imprinted in the dough and give it its characteristic shape.
It is found in Belgium, the Netherlands, northern France, the alpine regions of Italy and French-speaking Switzerland. She is said to be of Brabant origin. The term "walfre" (waffle) indicates in 1185 a "kind of pastry cooked between two plates divided into cells which give it a relief design". Au XIIIe century, it was already sold in the streets of Paris.
The following recipe is for savory waffles.
|Level of difficulty: easy|
|Preparation time : 15 min|
|Rest time : -|
|Cooking time : 15 min|
|Total time : 30 min|
|Ingredients: 6 people|
|150 ml of water|
|50 ml of oil|
|1 baking powder|
|250 g flour|
|100 ml of milk|
|30 g grated Parmesan cheese|
|1 pinch of salt|
- In a bowl, break the eggs, add water, milk, oil and beat with a whisk.
- Then add the sifted flour, baking powder, Parmesan and a pinch of salt.
- Mix the ingredients with a spatula until a homogeneous paste is obtained.
- Heat the waffle iron, lightly grease it with a drizzle of oil.
- When it is hot, pour the dough with a ladle.
- Cook until cooked through and golden brown.
- Garnish the waffles according to your taste.
- To taste!