The sugar-free cookies with grape mold ou mustokouloura are cookies made from grape must (grape juice squeezed before fermentation boiled over low heat), flour, honey, orange, yeast, cinnamon and cloves.
The mustokouloura (the cookies) and the mosalevria (cake) date back to ancient Greece. In Byzantine times, the cake was called mustopita ou pastellos.
Easy to make, without sugar, eggs or dairy products, they are perfect for snacks of the day.
|Level of difficulty: easy|
|Preparation time : 15 min|
|Rest time : 20 min|
|Cooking time : 15 min|
|Total time : 50 min|
|Ingredients: for about 30 biscuits|
|650 g flour|
|250 g of grape molasses|
|250 ml olive oil|
|90 g honey|
|20 g of brandy|
|1 orange (zest and juice)|
|1,5 c. to s. of baking powder|
|1 C. to s. baking soda|
|1 tbsp. to s. ground cinnamon|
|1/4 tsp. to c. ground cloves|
- Whisk together all the ingredients except the flour.
- Gradually incorporate the flour until you obtain a soft dough that does not stick to your hands.
- Let stand at room temperature for about 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven in static mode to 180 ° C.
- Take pieces of dough of about 35 g.
- Press with your hands and form balls then cords.
- Glue the ends together to create a ring.
- Place on a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until the cookies turn a light brown color.
- Go out and let cool.
- Serve and enjoy!