La pastry cream without eggs or milk is a cream made from soy milk (rice or coconut), sugar, corn starch, lemon and turmeric.
Easy and quick to prepare, this soft and creamy vegetable pastry cream is ideal as a dessert with a spoon or to garnish cakes and desserts.
|Level of difficulty: easy|
|Preparation time : 5 min|
|Rest time : -|
|Cooking time : 10 min|
|Total time : 15 min|
|Ingredients: for about 250 g of cream|
|250 ml soy milk or coconut milk or rice milk|
|50 g sugar|
|20 g of corn starch|
|1 C. to c. lemon zest|
|1 pinch of turmeric|
- Put the sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Gradually add the soy milk while stirring with a whisk.
- Transfer the saucepan to the heat and, while stirring constantly, heat over low heat for 5 to 7 minutes, while the cream thickens.
- Flavor with lemon zest and color with turmeric.
- Transfer the cream to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- Let cool completely before using.
- To taste!
Quote about cooking:
“If my mother had flour, she would bake a cake. "Basque proverb