Le fall cake with nuts and mascarpone is a cake made of a shortcrust pastry enveloping a filling of nuts, mascarpone, honey and chocolate chips.
Easy and quick to prepare, delicious with its fall flavors, it is perfect for snacks of the day.
|Difficulty level: low|
|Preparation time : 15 min|
|Rest time : 30 min|
|Cooking time : 35 min|
|Total time : 50 min + 30 min (rest)|
|Ingredients: 6 people|
|1 medium egg|
|150 g of softened butter|
|310g of flour|
|1 lemon (grated zest)|
|90g caster sugar|
|1 C. to s. of milk|
|1/2 teaspoon baking powder|
|1 pinch of salt|
|250 g of mascarpone or cheese spread|
|1/2 tsp. to s. honey|
|2 tbsp. to c. sugar|
|20 g of chopped walnuts|
|1 pincée de cannelle|
|35 g of chocolate chips|
|1 butter nuts|
|whole nuts for garnish|
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, sugar and baking powder.
- Add the egg and mix with a whisk until you get a crumbly dough.
- Add the soft butter, grated lemon zest and a pinch of salt.
- Mix all the ingredients until you obtain a soft and homogeneous dough, very sticky.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for about 30 min.
- Coarsely chop the walnuts (keep a few whole for the final decoration).
- Pour the chopped walnuts into a saucepan with 2 tbsp. to c. sugar, 1/2 tsp. to s. of honey and 1 knob of butter. Heat over low heat until the honey and butter have melted completely and leave to caramelize for about 2 minutes.
- Preheat the oven in static mode to 180 ° C.
- Turn off the heat and immediately add the nuts with the cheese. Mix gently to combine the ingredients.
- Add the chocolate chips, a pinch of cinnamon and mix well.
- Cut the dough into two equal parts.
- Provide a 24 cm diameter mold with baking paper and place half a dough in the mold.
- Garnish the base with the filling and spread well up to 1 cm from the edge.
- Arrange the second dough on top and seal well.
- Decorate with whole walnuts.
- Bake for about 35 min.
- Remove from the oven and serve the cake cold or warm, sprinkling it with icing sugar.
- To taste!
Quote about cooking:
“The kitchen should be a carefully thought out reflection of all the good things on earth. "Jean and Pierre Troisgros