Le bread of the saints of Tuscany is a bread made from flour, raisins, nuts, water, olive oil, brewer's yeast, eggs, sugar, salt and pepper.
It is the Sienese version of the desserts with raisins and dried fruits typical of this period of All Saints, prepared all over Italy, its peculiarity being its smell of black pepper and the (relatively) low sugar content.
Easy to prepare, delicious, it is perfect for meals and snacks.
|Difficulty level: low|
|Preparation time : 30 min|
|Rest time : 3 20 h min|
|Cooking time : 30 min|
|Total time : 1 h + 3 h 20 min (rest)|
|Ingredients: 6 people|
|300 g flour|
|200 g raisins|
|150 g nuts|
|120 ml of water|
|70 ml olive oil|
|10 g of brewer's yeast|
|1 egg yolk|
|2 c. to s. sugar|
- Toast the nuts in a pan with a drizzle of oil and set aside.
- In a small bowl, dissolve the yeast in the water.
- In a bowl, pour the flour, sugar, salt, oil, pepper and finally the yeast dissolved in the water. Mix well.
- Finally add the raisins and nuts and mix.
- Form a ball and put to rise in a bowl covered with a cloth at room temperature for about 3 hours.
- Divide the dough in half, form buns and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Form a cross on top and brush with beaten egg.
- Leave to stand for another 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven in static mode to 180 ° C.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes while the bread turns golden.
- Take out of the oven and let cool.
- Serve and enjoy!