The Finnish almond sticks (finska pinnar in Swedish) are cookies made from flour, butter, powdered sugar, almond, egg and pearl sugar.
Easy and quick to prepare, crispy and delicious, these cookies of Swedish origin, contrary to their name, are traditionally made during the All Saints' Day and the end of the year celebrations.
|Difficulty level: low|
|Preparation time : 30 min|
|Rest time : 1 hours|
|Cooking time : 20 min|
|Total time : 50 min + 1 h (rest)|
|Ingredients: 6 people|
|400 g flour|
|250 g butter|
|125 g sugar|
|1 or 2 drops of bitter almond flavor|
|1 egg white|
- In a bowl, mix the sugar, the very soft butter and the flavoring, then the flour until a smooth dough is obtained.
- Form a strip of dough 1,5 to 2 cm thick.
- Brush with egg white and sprinkle with pearl sugar.
- Cut pieces about 4 to 5 cm long.
- Preheat the oven in static mode to 175 ° C.
- Bake for about 10 to 12 min.
- Take out of the oven and let cool on a rack.
- Serve and enjoy!