Le Périgord nut cake is a cake made from nuts, sugar, salt, butter, eggs and flour; topped with a mixture of chocolate and butter.
Easy and quick to prepare, tasty, this cake from Périgord, in particular from the Sarlat region, is perfect at the end of a meal or during snacks of the day.
|Difficulty level: low|
|Preparation time : 30 min|
|Rest time : -|
|Cooking time : 20 min|
|Total time : 50 min|
|Ingredients: 6 people|
|150 g walnuts + 8 whole walnut kernels|
|150 g sugar|
|1 pinch of salt|
|100 g butter|
|3 big eggs|
|75 g flour|
|115 g chocolate (55% cocoa)|
|25 g butter|
- Preheat the oven in static mode to 200 ° C.
- Pass the nuts through a chopper.
- Add half the sugar and salt. Mix well.
- Melt the butter, off the heat, add the rest of the sugar and mix well.
- Incorporate into the previous mixture.
- Add the eggs one by one, then the flour.
- Line a 25-diameter springform pan with parchment paper.
- Pour in the mixture.
- Bake for about 20 min.
- Get out of the oven.
- Melt the butter and chocolate over low heat.
- Spread on top of the cake, leave to set for 15 min then trace streaks with the tines of a fork.
- Place the kernels in the center and around the edge of the cake.
- Put in the refrigerator and serve cold.
- To taste!
Quote about cooking:
“The cuisine of a people is the only exact witness of its civilization. "Marcel rouff