Le pumpkin pumpkin bread is a pumpkin-shaped bread made from flour, pumpkin, yeast, water, olive oil, salt and honey.
Easy to prepare, original and tasty, it is perfect during meals or during snacks of the day.
|Difficulty level: low|
|Preparation time : 30 min|
|Rest time : 5 hours|
|Cooking time : 40 min|
|Total time : 1 h 10 min + 5 h (rest)|
|Ingredients: 6 people|
|500 g of strong flour type Manitoba|
|250g pumpkin pulp, cooked and mashed|
|5 g of brewer's yeast|
|140 ml of water|
|30 ml olive oil|
|10 g salt|
|1 c. to c. honey|
- Peel and cut the pumpkin, bake in the oven until tender.
- Let it drain in a fine mesh colander, then mix until it is pureed.
- In a bowl, pour the flour, the yeast crumbled with your hands and the honey.
- Add the pumpkin puree, 110 ml of water and work the mixture with your hands until it is no longer sticky. Then add the salt and the remaining water (30 ml).
- If the dough is too dry, add water towards the end.
- Add the oil and knead until the dough easily comes off the sides of the bowl without leaving any traces.
- Transfer to a floured work surface, bring the two outer flaps to the center, then fold everything to obtain a ball.
- Place in an oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- Leave to rise for 2 hours at room temperature, then transfer to the refrigerator overnight.
- The next day, take out of the refrigerator and let stand for about 1 hour.
- Shape 2 loaves of 500 g each.
- Rotate until you get rounded shapes.
- Oil the kitchen twine with oil and make 8 turns to obtain 8 quarters.
- Do not over tighten the thread.
- Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and let rise until doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven in static mode to 190 ° C.
- Bake for about 35 to 40 min.
- If the bread is too wet, cook on convection heat for the last 5 minutes.
- Take out and let cool, then cut the twine using scissors.
- To slice.
- Serve and enjoy!