La frangipane pie is a tart made from shortcrust pastry, frangipane cream and sprinkled with flaked almonds.
Easy and quick to prepare, delicious and tender, it is perfect for snacks of the day or at the end of a meal.
|Level of difficulty: easy|
|Preparation time : 25 min|
|Rest time : 40 min|
|Cooking time : 55 min|
|Total time : 1 20 h min|
|Ingredients: 6 people|
|250 g flour|
|150 g butter|
|80 g sugar|
|2 cold egg yolks|
|1 / 2 lemon (grated rind)|
|1 pinch of salt|
|Frangipane cream :|
|200 g butter|
|160 g sugar|
|150 g almond powder|
|3 eggs + 1 egg yolk|
|70 g flour|
|125 g flaked almonds|
|apricot jam (option)|
- Pour the flour on a work surface.
- Make a fountain in the center and place the sugar, grated lemon zest, a pinch of salt and the egg yolks.
- Work quickly with your fingers.
- Then add the butter and knead vigorously until you obtain a compact dough.
- Wrap in plastic film and put in the refrigerator for about 40 min.
- Take the shortcrust pastry and roll out to a thickness of about 4 to 5 mm.
- Roll up the shortcrust pastry on a rolling pin and roll out onto a 26 to 28 cm diameter cake pan fitted with baking paper beforehand.
- Remove excess dough and prick the surface with the tines of a fork.
- Leave to rest in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes.
- Add the butter and sugar to a bowl and work with an electric whisk until you get a creamy mixture.
- Add the three eggs and the egg yolk and mix well.
- Then add the almond powder and the sifted flour.
- Mix until you get a smooth cream.
Assembly and cooking:
- Take the shortcrust pastry again.
- Spread a thin layer of apricot jam if necessary.
- Pour over the frangipane cream. Level with a spatula.
- Cover with slivered almonds.
- Preheat the oven in static mode to 170 ° C.
- Bake for about 55 min.
- Go out and let cool.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar.
- Serve and enjoy!