The Braised endive are a dish made with chicory, broth, olive oil, shallot, onion, salt and pepper. Braising is a technique that consists of cooking whole pieces of meat, fish or vegetable slowly and covered in a wetting liquid, also called a braising base, with an aromatic garnish.
Easy to prepare, tasty and lightly caramelized, they are perfect as a starter or as a side dish.
|Level of difficulty: easy|
|Preparation time : 15 min|
|TResting emps: -|
|Cooking time : 50 min|
|Total time : 1 5 h min|
|Ingredients: 4 people|
|200 ml beef or poultry broth|
|15 ml olive oil|
|2 shallot + 1 small onion|
- Remove the first damaged leaves from the endive and cut the bitter base by hollowing out a cone. Cut the base crosswise to allow even cooking.
- Rinse quickly with cold water and put to drain.
- Peel and mince the shallots and onion.
- In a saucepan, heat the olive oil.
- Once hot, brown the onion and shallots, then add the endive in a star, the base towards the center.
- Salt and pepper.
- Leave to set for 5 minutes on each side over medium heat.
- Pour 150 ml of broth.
- Cover and simmer for 25 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Add 50 ml of broth and continue cooking for about 15 minutes until evaporated.
- Alternatively bake at 180 ° C for 1 hour to 1 hour 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with a little fine sugar if necessary and caramelize on both sides.
- Serve and enjoy!