La professional quality pastry cream is a cream made from milk, crème fraîche, lemon, starch, egg yolks and sugar.
Easy and quick to prepare, soft and delicate, it is perfect for garnishing desserts and cakes.
|Level of difficulty: easy|
|Preparation time : 5 min|
|Rest time : -|
|Cooking time : 10 min|
|Total time : 15 min|
|Ingredients: 6 people|
|400 g of whole milk|
|100 g of 35% fat cream|
|10 g grated lemon zest|
|20 g of corn starch + 20 g of rice starch|
|150 g of egg yolks|
|150 g de sucre cristallisé|
- In a saucepan, bring the milk, cream and lemon zest to a boil.
- In a bowl, mix the egg yolks with the sugar then add the starches. Mix well.
- When the milk comes to a boil, pour over the mixture of yolks, sugar and starches and mix.
- Return to the saucepan, return to the heat and cook while whisking until the cream thickens (and reaches 85-90 ° C).
- Provide a baking sheet with parchment paper, pour the cream just out of the heat and cover the surface with plastic wrap.
- Let cool without removing the film.
- Once cooled, store in the refrigerator (at + 4 ° C) for a maximum of 2 days, in a clean and dry airtight container.
- Use !
Quote about cooking:
“Gastronomic knowledge is necessary for all men since it tends to increase the sum of pleasures intended for them.”Anthelme Brillat-Savarin