La dark chocolate mousse is a dessert made from dark chocolate, Italian meringue, gelatin and crème fraîche.
Easy and quick to make, with a professional consistency and flavor, it is perfect at the end of a meal or during snacks of the day.
|Level of difficulty: easy|
|Preparation time : 15 min|
|Rest time : -|
|Cooking time : -|
|Total time : 15 min|
|Ingredients: 6 people|
|250 g dark chocolate (55% cocoa)|
|160 g Italian meringue|
|5 g of gelatine leaves|
|500 g of fresh cream|
|60 ml of water|
|200 g powdered sugar|
|125 g of egg whites|
|50 g of semolina sugar|
- Pour the water and 200 g of sugar in a saucepan and heat up to 121 ° C.
- At 115 ° C, start whipping the egg whites until stiff, adding 50 g of caster sugar.
- Drizzle with the cooked sugar and continue to whisk on medium speed until cool.
Chocolate mousse :
- Melt chocolate up to 45 to 50 ° C.
- Whip the crème fraîche until soft peaks are obtained
- Mix the chocolate with some of the semi-whipped cream.
- Soak the gelatin in cold water for 5 min.
- Once the gelatin has softened, pour a few tablespoons of cream into a saucepan and heat (without boiling). Add the lightly squeezed gelatin and mix with a spatula.
- Add the melted gelatin to the meringue and mix.
- Slowly whip the cream until you get soft peaks and gently add to the meringue. Stir and pour into a mold.
- Put in the freezer for more than 4 hours.
- Decorate with cocoa, red fruits ...
- Serve and enjoy!
Quote about cooking:
“Cooking is an art, but as with any art, you have to know the techniques and the material. "Nathan Myhrvold