The frittatas with peas, cheese and herbs (of fried, in Italian meaning “fried”) are a dish made with eggs, crème fraîche, cheese, peas, parsley and chives.
A traditional dish of Italian cuisine, it is similar to an omelet commonly garnished with meat, vegetables or cheese.
Served hot or cold as a starter or main course, one of the most popular preparations is onion omelette (“Onion frittata” in Italian) made with white onions fried in olive oil, eggs, salt and pepper and cheese gratin. In the XNUMXth century, this very popular inexpensive dish was eaten by workers during the day. The macaroni omelette is made with leftover pasta like spaghetti.
Easy and quick to prepare, tasty, these individual omelets are perfect as an aperitif, as an accompaniment or as a main course with a green salad.
|Level of difficulty: easy|
|Preparation time : 5 min|
|Rest time : -|
|Cooking time : 30 min|
|Total time : 35 min|
|Ingredients: 4 people|
|125 ml of cream|
|60 g of cheddar-type cheese, edam, cut into small pieces|
|200 g frozen peas|
|2 C. to s. parsley|
|1 bunch of chopped chives|
- Preheat the oven in static mode to 160 ° C.
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, cream, salt and pepper.
- Stir in the cheese, chives and parsley.
- Pour the mixture into buttered muffin cups.
- Divide half of the peas evenly among the eight mini-molds.
- Bake during 10 at 15 min.
- Remove from the oven, add the remaining peas.
- Return to the oven for about 15 more minutes until the frittatas are set.
- Take out of the oven, let cool in the molds for 5 min.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- To taste!
Quote about cooking:
“Good food is memories. "Georges Simenon