The crispy homemade chips are a dish made with potatoes, salt, pepper and possibly paprika.
Easy to prepare, crispy and golden, they are perfect as an aperitif or to accompany meat dishes.
|Level of difficulty: easy|
|Preparation time : 10 min|
|Rest time : 30 min|
|Cooking time : 15 min|
|Total time : 25 min + 30 min (rest)|
|Ingredients: 6 people|
|p soft (option)|
|huile de friture|
- Place the peeled potatoes in salted water, just covering them.
- Use the slicer side of the grater to cut the potatoes into thin slices.
- Soak the potato slices in salted water for about 30 minutes.
- After 30 min, drain the potato slices with a tea towel and dry with absorbent paper.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot enough, add the potato slices and fry until halfway through cooking.
- Take the half-fried potatoes out to a plate and put on high heat.
- Return the potatoes to the hot oil and fry until golden and crispy.
- Remove the crisps from the oil and place on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Season while hot.
- Serve and enjoy.
Quote about cooking:
“Each nation loves its cuisine. She considers her the best of all. Everyone is right, because they cannot do without them. ”Edward de Pomiane