Le red pesto with tomatoes and almonds is a preparation based on sun-dried tomatoes, basil, parmesan, almonds, garlic, salt, pepper and olive oil.
Of Sicilian origin, the red pesto (or pesto Rosso ou pesto sauce in the Trapani's style) is of very ancient origin. Coming from the East, Genoese ships commonly stopped in the port of Trapani in Sicily. They brought the tradition ofagliata Ligure, made with garlic and walnuts, which the sailors of Trapani adapted with the products of their land, tomatoes and almonds.
Easy and quick to prepare, tasty, it is traditionally used with pasta or bruschetta (antipasti of Italian cuisine).
|Level of difficulty: easy|
|Preparation time : 10 min|
|Rest time : -|
|Cooking time : 5 min|
|Total time : 15 min|
|Ingredients: 6 people|
|125 g dried tomatoes in oil|
|60 g grated Parmesan cheese|
|80 g almonds|
|8 basil leaves / 3 garlic cloves|
|salt / pepper / 125 ml olive oil (or 45 ml olive oil + pasta cooking water)|
- Drain the sun-dried tomatoes and put in a saucepan with the almonds and chopped garlic cloves (without the germ).
- Brown everything over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Turn off the heat and let cool slightly.
- Place in the blender bowl.
- Add the grated Parmesan and the basil leaves and mix until you get a fairly compact mixture.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Add black pepper and the necessary oil to obtain a smooth cream.
- Salt if necessary.
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container, covering it with a drizzle of oil.
- To taste!
Quote about cooking:
“A good cook tastes his dish seven times. "Provencal proverb