Le no-bake apricot and mascarpone cake is a cake composed of a base of dry biscuits and butter, a filling of mascarpone cream and cheese spread, a covering of apricot jelly and sliced apricots.
Easy to make, without baking in the oven, delicious and tender, it is perfect at the end of a meal or during snacks of the day.
|Level of difficulty: easy|
|Preparation time : 30 min|
|Rest time : 4 30 h min|
|Cooking time : 10 min|
|Total time : 40 min + 4 h 30 min (rest)|
|Ingredients: 6 people|
|275 g of biscuits|
|125 g butter|
|250 g of mascarpone + 250 g of cheese spread|
|200 ml of cream|
|100 g icing sugar|
|10 g of gelatine leaves|
|500 g apricots|
|150 g powdered sugar|
|200 ml of water|
|50 g of corn starch|
|90 g icing sugar|
- Chop the dry biscuits in a blender.
- Transfer to a large bowl and add the melted butter, stirring with a spoon to combine well.
- Pour the mixture into a 22-24 cm diameter springform pan lined with parchment paper.
- Use the back of a spoon to flatten the base and make it compact and even.
- Put in the freezer for about 30 min.
- Cut the pitted apricots into small pieces and put in a saucepan with the powdered sugar.
- Cook for about 10 minutes.
- Off the heat, using an immersion blender, mash the apricots.
- Return to low heat, add the corn starch dissolved in water and icing sugar.
- Mix with a hand whisk until the mixture thickens.
- Remove from the heat, transfer to a container and let cool completely.
- Put the gelatin sheets in a bowl of cold water for about 10 min.
- Squeeze and dissolve in 50 ml of cream that has been heated.
- In another bowl, work the cheese spread with the mascarpone, then add the gelatin dissolved in the cream and mix.
- In a bowl, whip the cream with the icing sugar.
- Incorporate the cream into the spreadable cheese, stirring gently with a spatula, then transfer the cream to the biscuit base. Equalize well.
- Refrigerate for about 1 h.
- After the necessary time, pour the apricot filling over the layer of cream.
- Distribute evenly.
- Add apricot slices if necessary and put the cake back in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!
Quote about cooking:
“A cookbook is not an expense book, it's a cookbook.”Sacha Guitry