Le airy vanilla millefeuille is a cake made from layers of puff pastry and vanilla cream.
Easy and quick to prepare, crispy and delicious with its delicious vanilla cream, this aerial cake from Greece is perfect for snacks of the day.
|Level of difficulty: easy|
|Preparation time : 25 min|
|Rest time : 30 min|
|Cooking time : 30 min|
|Total time : 55 min + 30 min (rest)|
|Ingredients: 6 people|
|1 roll of puff pastry|
|500 ml of milk|
|4 egg yolks|
|60 g of corn starch|
|180 g powdered sugar|
|30 g sweet butter|
|125 ml sour cream|
|1 gousse de vanille|
- Spread the puff pastry on the baking sheet.
- Prick with the tines of a fork and bake in a preheated oven at 220 ° C for 10 min.
- Take the puff pastry out of the oven and turn over. Press the puff pastry well to deflate it.
- Lower the oven to 170 ° C and continue cooking for about 20 minutes until the puff pastry is golden brown and crispy. Leave on a wire rack until it cools.
- Heat 375 ml of milk with the sugar and the seeds of the vanilla bean.
- In another bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, 125 ml of milk and the corn starch.
- When the milk is hot and almost boiling, add the cornstarch mixture, stirring vigorously with a whisk.
- On low heat, beat the milk constantly until it thickens.
- Remove from the heat, film on contact and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Once completely cooled, whip the cold cream from the refrigerator and gently fold into the cream using slow up and down movements with a spatula.
- Place a third of the puff pastry on a baking sheet then add half the cream, place the second part of the puff pastry on top and add the remaining cream. Spread the last sheet of puff pastry over the cream.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- To taste!
Quote about cooking:
“Cooking is when things taste like they are.”Curnonsky