Le homemade orange syrup is a syrup made from oranges, sugar and lemon.
Easy and quick to prepare, sweet, fresh and delicious, it is perfect with the addition of still water or sparkling water to cool off during the day.
|Level of difficulty: easy|
|Preparation time : 15 min|
|Rest time : -|
|Cooking time : 35 min|
|Total time : 50 min|
|Ingredients: about 1 l of syrup|
|1 liter of orange juice|
|1 kg de sucre|
|2 lemons (juice)|
|1 lemon and 1 orange (grated zest)|
- Peel 1 orange and 1 lemon, avoiding removing the bitter white part.
- Squeeze the juice from the 2 lemons and add to the liter of fresh orange juice.
- Filter to remove the pulp.
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, juice and citrus zest.
- Mix with a wooden spoon and put on low heat.
- While stirring, bring to a boil and let boil for 5 min.
- Pour into bottles already sterilized, close tightly.
- Wrap the bottles with tea towels, put in a casserole dish with boiling water and, at the first boil, let boil for 30 min.
- Turn off and let cool completely before removing bottles.
- Once opened, keep in the refrigerator.
- To taste!
Quote about cooking:
“We have to put our heart into the kitchen.”Rosa lewis