Le potato pie with cream is a pie made from puff pastry, potatoes, crème fraîche, eggs, garlic or shallots, parsley, salt and pepper.
Before the introduction of potatoes in France at the end of the XNUMXth century, it was prepared with leftover bread dough. While the potato pie or Limousin tourtière uses garlic and parsley, the potato pâté from Bourbonnais incorporates onion and parsley.
Easy to prepare, tasty, It is perfect as a starter, main course with a green salad or side dish.
|Level of difficulty: easy|
|Preparation time :|
|Rest time :|
|Cooking time :|
|Total time :|
|2 rolls of puff pastry|
|600 g of potatoes|
|250 g of fresh cream|
|2 cloves of garlic|
- Peel the potatoes and slice into thin slices.
- Chop the parsley, shallot and garlic and mix with cream and eggs.
- Salt and pepper.
- Cut a circle of dough 24 cm in diameter.
- Place the remaining dough in the bottom of a 24 to 26 cm diameter pie dish lined with baking paper.
- Let the dough overflow for two centimeters.
- Garnish the base with the minced potatoes mixed with the cream, the eggs and the finely chopped shallots and garlic.
- Fold in the edges of the dough and close with the reserved circle of dough.
- Prick the dough with the tip of a knife to let the steam escape.
- Brown with the beaten egg.
- Preheat the oven in static mode to 240 ° C.
- Bake during 10 min.
- Lower the temperature to 180 ° C.
- Cook for another 45 to 50 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and serve hot.
- To taste!
Quote about cooking:
“The kitchen is the handmaid of medicine. "Terence