Le ultra-soft sponge cake without yeast, butter or oil is a cake made from flour, sugar, eggs, vanilla and lemon.
Easy to prepare, ultra-soft, high and fluffy, as it incorporates a lot of air, it is perfect for creating layer cakes or desserts topped with creams or fruits.
|Level of difficulty: easy|
|Preparation time : 25 min|
|Rest time : -|
|Cooking time : 25 min|
|Total time : 50 min|
|150 g flour|
|125 g powdered sugar|
|5 large eggs, at room temperature|
|1 teaspoon of vanilla extract (1/2 vanilla bean)|
|1 / 2 lemon (grated rind)|
- Butter and flour a mold 22 to 24 cm in diameter with high edges.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs with the powdered sugar, grated lemon zest and vanilla for about 20 minutes until you obtain a clear and very frothy mixture.
- Gradually and delicately add the flour sifted with a wooden spoon, moving slowly up and down.
- Pour the mixture into the mold.
- Preheat the oven in static mode to 175 ° C.
- Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes until you obtain a beautiful golden color.
- Turn off the oven, open the oven door slightly and leave for about 20 minutes.
- Once cold, use!
Quote about cooking:
“If you think right, you cook well. "Ferran Adrià