Le lager beef is a dish made with beef, onions, carrots, brown sugar, lager, vinegar, bouquet garni, olive oil, salt and pepper.
A Burgundian specialty, easy to prepare, this tasty dish is perfect with baked potatoes.
|Level of difficulty: easy|
|Preparation time : 25 min|
|Rest time : -|
|Cooking time : 3 30 h min|
|Total time : 3 55 h min|
|1,5 kg (3 lbs) chuck type beef|
|500 g (1 pound) onions|
|1 to 2 carrots, cut into slices|
|2 tablespoons of brown sugar|
|750 ml (1.5 pints) of lager beer|
|1 tablespoon of wine vinegar|
|1 bouquet garni|
- In a large Dutch oven, brown and brown well in olive oil, the chuck cut into 5 to 6 cm squares with the chopped onions.
- Add the brown sugar and caramelize everything.
- Pour in the vinegar and beer.
- Complete with carrots, bouquet garni, salt and pepper.
- Cook over low heat for at least 3 hours.
- Keep warm.
- Melt a little butter and add enough flour to obtain a thick mass.
- Add a little water to this mixture of butter and flour.
- Bind the sauce.
- Servir chaud.
- To taste!
Quote about cooking:
“Cooking is the basis of true happiness. "Auguste Escoffier