La Berry barriaux pie is a tart composed of a shortcrust pastry base, a filling of prunes stewed with sugar, wine and cinnamon and puff pastry braces.
In Berry, the term “barriers” means “small barriers”. Indeed, the barriaux tart, a Berry specialty, is decorated with small pasta braces or “barriaux”.
Easy to prepare, delicious, it is perfect for snacks of the day.
|Level of difficulty: easy|
|Preparation time : 10 min|
|Rest time : -|
|Cooking time : 40 min|
|Total time : 50 min|
|1 shortcrust pastry roll|
|1 roll of puff pastry|
|500 g of pitted prunes|
|100 g powdered sugar|
|100 ml of red wine|
|100 ml of water|
|1 egg yolk|
- FaSoak the prunes covered with water overnight.
- In a saucepan, cook the prunes, sugar, wine and cinnamon for 20 min.
- Remove from the heat when the preparation has the consistency of a compote.
- Laisser refroidir.
- Place the shortcrust pastry in a 23 to 24 cm diameter mold.
- Distribute the preparation over the dough.
- Roll out the puff pastry and cut into strips of the same thickness.
- Arrange the dough strips in crosses on the pie.
- Brush the dough with egg yolk.
- Preheat the oven in static mode to 180 ° C.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until you obtain a beautiful golden color.
- Take out of the oven and let cool.
- Serve and enjoy!