La pie with pastry cream and pine nuts is a tart made from a shortcrust pastry base garnished with lemon custard covered with pine nuts.
Easy and quick to prepare, crispy and delicious, it can be enjoyed during the snacks of the day.
|Level of difficulty: easy|
|Preparation time : 25 min|
|Rest time : -|
|Cooking time : 30 min|
|Total time : 55 min|
|1 shortcrust pastry roll|
|750 ml of milk|
|1 lemon (grated rind)|
|3 eggs + 1 egg yolk|
|225 g powdered sugar|
|30 g flour|
|35 g cornstarch|
|50 g pine nuts|
- Pour the milk into a saucepan and add the lemon zest.
- Heat over low heat until it comes to a boil.
- In a small bowl, add whole eggs, egg yolk and pour in the sugar.
- Stir and, when the sugar is absorbed, add the flour and cornstarch while continuing to stir.
- Remove the lemon zest from the milk and remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Dilute the mixture by pouring in a little hot milk.
- Mix well, then return the saucepan of milk to the heat and pour the mixture with the eggs inside.
- Continue to cook slowly and stir for about 10 to 15 minutes until the cream thickens.
- Transfer the cream to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
- Roll out the shortcrust pastry and form a disc 28 cm in diameter and 2 to 3 mm thick.
- Butter and flour a 26 cm diameter pie dish and place the shortcrust pastry on it.
- Make sure the bottom and the edges adhere by pressing with your fingers and remove the excess dough.
- Prick the bottom of the dough with the tines of a fork and pour in the cooled pastry cream.
- Spread the pine nuts on top.
- Preheat the oven in static mode to 180 ° C.
- Bake for about 30 min.
- If the pie is coloring too quickly, cover with a sheet of aluminum foil.
- Take out of the oven and let cool completely.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar.
- Serve and enjoy!
Quote about cooking:
“The beautiful art of gastronomy is a warm art. It crosses the language barrier, makes friends among civilized people and warms the heart. ”Samuel chamberlain