Le Cuban pumpkin flan of Christmas ( calabaza flan in Cuban) is a dessert made from pumpkin, milk, eggs, sugar and vanilla.
Very popular in Cuban cuisine, the custard has very ancient roots dating back to ancient Rome. In Cuba, it has many variations depending on the family or regional culinary tradition. On Christmas Day, it is often accompanied by a glass of rum.
Easy and quick to prepare, sweet and delicious, it can be enjoyed during snacks of the day.
|Level of difficulty: easy|
|Preparation time : 20 min|
|Rest time : -|
|Cooking time : 55 min|
|Total time : 1 15 h min|
|500 g of pumpkin pulp|
|600 ml of milk|
|250 g sugar|
|natural vanilla extract|
- Cut the pumpkin into slices of about 2 cm and steam for 8 to 10 minutes in a saucepan.
- Put 3 tablespoons of sugar in a saucepan and leave to caramelize over low heat without stirring.
- Pour the caramel into a mold covered with parchment paper and spread in the bottom of the mold.
- Place the cooked pumpkin in a bowl with the remaining sugar.
- Add a little milk and mix with an immersion blender until you obtain a homogeneous puree.
- Add the remaining milk, eggs and vanilla and mix again.
- Pour the mixture into the mold.
- Preheat the oven in static mode to 200 ° C.
- Bake in a bain-marie for 45 min.
- Let cool, then put in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Return the custard to a plate.
- Serve and enjoy!
Quote about cooking:
“We have never seen a political regime overthrow a national cuisine. ”Viviane Chocas