La 5 minute old fashioned lemonade is a drink made from lemon juice, water, sugar, mint and ice cubes.
Easy and quick to prepare, sweet and refreshing, it is perfect to quench your thirst all day long.
|Level of difficulty: easy|
|Preparation time : 5 min|
|Rest time : -|
|Cooking time : -|
|Total time : 5 min|
|Ingredients: 6 people|
|310 ml lemon juice (5 to 7 untreated lemons)|
|1 l of cold water (or sparkling water) + 500 ml of water|
|200 g sugar|
|2 untreated lemons (lemon slices)|
|ice cubes / mint leaves|
- Wash the lemons thoroughly.
- Squeeze the lemon juice, strain through a colander to remove the pulp and set the juice aside (about 315 ml).
- In a small saucepan, add the sugar and 500 ml of water.
- Heat over low heat and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Do not boil.
- Exit the fire and let cool.
- In a pitcher, add the squeezed lemon juice, fresh water and sugar syrup.
- Add the ice cubes and a few lemon slices.
- Optionally add mint leaves.
- Serve and enjoy!
Quote on water:
“The power of the water comes from the source. "Persian proverb