Le Burgundy beef with Burgundy wine is a dish made with beef, onions, carrots, garlic, flour, sugar, water, bouquet garni, veal stock, butter, Burgundy wine, button mushrooms, baby onions and non-smoked bacon.
It is a dish from Burgundy which takes its name from the two Burgundian products that compose it: beef from the Charolais region and red wine from Burgundy from the Côte de Nuits and the Côte de Beaune vineyards. An emblematic dish of Burgundian cuisine and its terroir, it would originally be a favorite dish of peasants on feast days before becoming a Sunday dish.
Easy to prepare, tasty, it can be enjoyed during meals accompanied by steamed potatoes or tagliatelle.
|Level of difficulty: easy|
|Preparation time : 40 min|
|Rest time : -|
|Cooking time : 2 hours|
|Total time : 2 40 h min|
|6 / 8 people|
|1,5 kg (3 pounds) of chuck type beef or nut lodge|
|150 g (5.5 ounces) onions|
|150 g (5.5 ounces) carrots|
|4 cloves of garlic|
|2 tablespoons flour|
|1 tablespoon of sugar|
|2 tablespoons of water|
|1 bouquet garni|
|2 tablespoons of butter|
|1 l (1 US quart) of red wine from Burgundy (Côte de Nuits or Côte de Beaune)|
|300 g (11 ounces) button mushrooms|
|250 g (9 ounces) small onions|
|250 g (9 ounces) unsmoked bacon|
- Peel the carrots, large onions and cut into cubes.
- In a sauté pan, grill the pieces of beef on top with a little oil and set aside.
- Remove the oil and add the vegetables to the sauté pan. Sauté for about 5 min.
- Return the pieces of beef to the sauté pan.
- Add the flour, stir, salt and pepper, add the red wine, the garlic and the bouquet garni.
- Simmer for about 1 hour 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Brown the bacon in a pan and place on absorbent paper.
- In a saucepan, add the onions with the sugar, a little butter and 2 tablespoons of water.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are caramelized.
- Wash the mushrooms and mince.
- Heat in a pan with 2 tablespoons of butter, gently fry the mushrooms until the water evaporates.
- Add the bacon and onions, set aside.
- Once the meat is cooked, set aside the pieces and strain the sauce through a colander.
- Return the sauce to the pan, add the garnish and the pieces of beef.
- Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Servir chaud.
- To taste!
Quote about cooking:
“We learn to cook with that of others. At some point we do our own. "Jean-François Trap