Coleslaw or coleslaw (from the Dutch term koolsla meaning "coleslaw salad) is a salad consisting mainly of coleslaw with a dressing or mayonnaise sauce.
It is usually served alongside fish dishes, burgers or bagels.
The original recipe based on thin slices of cabbage, melted butter, vinegar and oil, as well as the term, appeared in the XNUMXth century ("kool" in Dutch being deformed into "cole" in English). The recipe for coleslaw with mayonnaise dates from the mid-XNUMXth century.
|Level of difficulty: easy|
|Preparation time : 15 min|
|Rest time : -|
|Cooking time : -|
|Total time : 15 min|
|Ingredients: 6 people|
|1 white cabbage|
|1 new onion|
|375 g mayonnaise|
|1 c. to s. mustard|
|1 c. to s. cider vinegar|
|60 g sugar|
- Remove the outer leaves of the cabbage, slice thin slices and julienne.
- Put in a large bowl.
- Wash and peel the carrot.
- Grate and add to the bowl containing the cabbage.
- Peel and cut the onion and add.
- Wash, peel, remove the core of the apple and cut into julienne.
- Add to bowl and mix well.
- In another bowl, mix mayonnaise with mustard, vinegar and sugar.
- Season the julienne with vegetables and the sauce.
- Mix everything well.
- Serve or store in the refrigerator by covering with plastic wrap.
- To taste!
Quote about cooking:
“We should think of the kitchens as the center of the home.”Jane Grigson / The Good Things