La sugarpaste is a modeling clay made from icing sugar, gelatin, glucose, water and butter.
This edible paste is commonly used for decorating cakes.
Evidence of its use dates back to at least the XNUMXth century. The first Christmas cookies were made from sugar dough and marked with words and short sentences.
Easy and quick to prepare, with the perfect texture and flavor, it is perfect for decorating cakes and other pastries.
|Level of difficulty: easy|
|Preparation time : 10 min|
|Rest time : 10 min|
|Cooking time : 5 min|
|Total time : 15 min + 10 min (rest)|
|Ingredients: about 500 g of sugar paste|
|450 g icing sugar|
|5g gelatin sheets|
|60 g glucose|
|30 ml of water|
|10 g butter|
- Sift the icing sugar into the mixer bowl.
- Soak the gelatin sheets in a bowl of cold water for 10 minutes to soften them.
- Take a saucepan and add the drained and squeezed gelatin, glucose, water.
- Put the saucepan on the heat and let it melt until the mixture becomes transparent (do not boil).
- Add, after turning off the heat, the butter and allow to melt. ``
- Turn on the blender on low speed, pouring in the mixture of glucose, gelatin, water and butter.
- Once the mixture is amalgamated, stop the mixer.
- Take the dough and knead on a work surface sprinkled with icing sugar until you get a dough.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and store in an airtight container outside of the refrigerator.
- Use !
Quote about cooking:
“Recipes don't work unless you use your heart! "Dylan jones