The sausage puffs are an appetizer based on puff pastry, pork or chicken sausages, grated cheese and possibly sweet paprika.
The sausage was born 4 or 000 years ago, Homer spoke of it in the Odyssey, and Cicero in certain accounts. It would have been invented with a view to the preservation or convenience of transporting meat. Some Roman legions used the sausage principle to transport meat divided into rations. In the Middle Ages, spices and aromatics brought back from the Orient were added to sausage.
Easy to prepare, delicious and aesthetic, they are perfect as an appetizer or starter during meals.
|Level of difficulty: easy|
|Preparation time : 10 min|
|Rest time : -|
|Cooking time : 20 min|
|Total time : 30 min|
|Ingredients: 6 people
|1 roll of puff pastry|
|6 sausages (pork or chicken)|
|50 g grated cheese or parmesan curds
|sweet paprika (optional)
|egg or milk for brushing|
- Roll out the puff pastry roll.
- Form a rectangle and cut lengthwise into 4 equal parts.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and paprika.
- Place a sausage in the center of each dough then roll the dough around the sausage to form dough rolls.
- Cut each sausage into small rolls 3 to 4 cm long.
- Transfer the rolls gradually to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Brush the puff pastry with the egg yolk mixed with a little olive oil or brush with milk.
- Preheat the oven in static mode to 180 ° C.
- Bake for 20 min until obtaining a beautiful golden color.
- Take out of the oven and serve.
- To taste!
Quote about cooking:
“Good food doesn't have to be expensive. "Paul Bocuse