La Galette with potatoes is a pan-fried preparation made from potato shavings mixed with eggs and onion strips or other ingredients. Different recipes exist depending on the country and region.
Depending on the region, the galette has a different name: "grated potato", "grated", "creeks" (Ardèche), "totsche" (Alsace), "grated donut" (Vosges).
|Level of difficulty: easy|
|Preparation time : 15 min|
|Cooking time : 8 min|
|Total time : 23 min|
|Ingredients: 6 people|
|3 egg yolks|
- Wash and peel the potatoes and onions.
- Grate the potatoes and cut the onions into thin slices.
- Mix potatoes, onions and egg yolks.
- Salt and pepper.
- Melt a little butter in a stove.
- Form medium sized meatballs.
- Put them in the pan and flatten them.
- Let it brown before returning (about 8 min of cooking).
- Sprinkle with chives.
- Servir chaud.