TOUSSAINT BRIARD CAKE: the easy recipe
Le Briard cake of All Saints is a cake made with a pistachio dacquoise, a lemon Chiboust cream; topped with candied lemon and raspberry.
Originally from the Briarde region (Provins, Meaux, etc.), the “All Saints' Day cake” was designed in the XNUMXth century. Certain pastry shops and congregations in the Briarde region and the Paris region continue the tradition during the feast of All Saints.
|Level of difficulty: easy|
|Preparation time : 45 min|
|Rest time : -|
|Cooking time : 20 min|
|Total time : 1 5 h min|
|Ingredients: 6 people|
|Dacquoise with pistachio:|
|85 g powdered sugar|
|60 g pistachios powder|
|25 g almond powder|
|100 g of egg whites|
|50 g powdered sugar|
|20 g cane sugar|
|Chiboust cream with lemon:|
|85 g of lemon juice|
|4 lemon zest|
|4 egg yolks|
|30 g sugar|
|190 g whole liquid cream|
|15 g de maïzena|
|2 gelatin sheets|
|4 egg whites|
|90 g sugar|
Preparation of dacquoise with pistachio:
- Sift the powdered sugar, powdered pistachios and powdered almonds. Put aside.
- Pour the egg whites into a bowl and whisk vigorously with the powdered sugar and cane sugar.
- Add 2 or 3 once to the pistachio / almond / sugar powder mixture and mix gently with a spatula.
- Pour the dough into two molds with parchment paper 14 15 cm diameter. Properly level the surface.
- If necessary, draw slightly serrated edges.
- Sprinkle on the top of the crushed pistachios.
- Preheat oven to 200 ° C.
- Bake during 10 at 12 min. Well watch the cooking.
- Take out and sprinkle the surface with icing sugar.
- Laisser refroidir.
Chiboust cream with lemon:
- Simmer the lemon juice in a saucepan with the lemon zest.
- Blanch the egg yolks with 30 g of sugar.
- Add the hot lemon juice and stir.
- Add the cream and the cornflower. Mix.
- Pour back into the saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add the softened, drained gelatin.
- Put aside.
- Whip the egg whites until stiff. As soon as they become foamy and white, add the remaining sugar and continue to whisk.
- Gently stir in the egg whites with lemon cream.
- Put in the refrigerator.
- Arrange the dacquoise bottoms on a serving platter.
- Put the chiboust cream in a piping bag.
- Arrange small piles of cream on the dacquoise backgrounds.
- Sprinkle with sugar and caramelize quickly with the cooking torch.
- Add on each pie the candied lemon and a raspberry.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar.
- Refrigerate 30 min.
- Serve and enjoy!