La Christmas shortbread is a dough made from flour, butter, sugar, egg yolks, orange and cinnamon.
Easy and quick to prepare, it allows you to make delicious shortbread with winter flavors of cinnamon and orange during the holiday season.
|Level of difficulty: easy|
|Preparation time : 15 min|
|Rest time : 40 min|
|Cooking time : 10 min|
|Total time : 25 min + 40 min (rest)|
|250 g flour|
|150 g cold butter|
|100 g sugar|
|2 egg yolks|
|Orange 1 (grated rind)|
|1 teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|royal icing or water icing|
- Put the flour and cold butter cut into pieces in a bowl and work quickly with your fingertips until you obtain a classic sanding.
- Add the sugar, egg yolks, grated orange zest and ground cinnamon and mix again quickly.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured work surface and form a ball of dough.
- Wrap in plastic film and put in the refrigerator for at least 30 min.
- After the rest time, take the dough again, roll out with a rolling pin and roll out to about 5 mm thick.
- Form cookies with Christmas cookie cutters.
- Place cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Return the cookies to the refrigerator for 10 min.
- Preheat the oven in static mode to 180 ° C.
- Bake for about 10 min.
- Take out of the oven and let cool completely.
- Decorate the cookies with a Royal icing or a water frosting.
- Let dry completely before serving.
- Serve and enjoy!
Quote about cooking:
“To cook well you need good ingredients, a palate, heart and friends.”Pierre Perret